Monday 18 June 2018

Introduction to NAGARA

I recently became an associate member of NAGARA, the (drum roll please) National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators.  This is an American organization, so it lean towards US federal and state-level government records administration.  You may however find some useful resources there, especially if you work with the province or with the Canadian government.

The reason I bring them up is that they have partnered with the ICRM and they're offering a full-day CRM preparation workshop as part of a pre-conference session at their annual conference, which is in Washington D.C. in August this year.  Perhaps you work with an organization that has budget for this level of professional development... anyone?  No?  Well, if so, it may be a good opportunity.

Now, of course, the ARMA International conference always includes a pre-conference CRM prep workshop as well.  And it's in Anaheim, California, which is somewhat sunnier and also closer (no jet lag).  It takes place October 22-24th.

If you end up going to the NAGARA conference, let me know!  I'm relatively new to them and I'm curious about their offerings.

In the meantime I'm always open to questions and comments - fire them my way.

Wayne Hoff, CRM, IGP
ARMA Calgary ICRM Liaison
icrmrep@armacalgary.org

No comments:

Post a Comment